Intelligent acquisition is the future of government business for fielding new capabilities. Other Transactions authorities (OTs) can be a game-changer making way for alternative business and teaming approaches for R&D and prototyping – leading to production. Call it “creative contracting” or “commercial-like” – this is business driven by goals, performed by smart people who really want to get things done! Equipped with good business acumen and industry knowledge, OTs are a natural and make sense, but can be uncomfortable for those immersed in the current system. OTs provide greater flexibility to suit the project/goal, spur innovation by reducing barriers and increasing collaboration/outreach, and with more up-front focus on problem solving, better solutions are likely.
Congress has made pleas to the DoD to be courageous and bold in use of these authorities, even asking to develop a “preference”. The warfighter needs capabilities faster, the taxpayer desires this and affordability too, untapped industry is ready for a better partner. OTs are tailored to be the core of a parallel system to deliver these NOW! What are you waiting for?
Join us at Other Transactions: Acquisition Intelligence for education, discussion and networking.
Who should attend:
- Leadership & Program Executives – your support is needed, provide top-cover, reduce resistance
- Program Managers – essential, primary team role
- Legal – overcome obstacles, pivotal in contract negotiations
- Contracting – dynamic part of team, new opportunities
- Comptroller & Finance – exciting potential possibilities
- Test & Evaluation – ensure the best solution, feedback, end-user collaboration
- Consortia Managers – important role in collaboration, networks, marketing and access
- Industry Large & Small – business expertise, collaboration and technologies
- Funding Partners – fast-paced innovation requires access to capital
- Research Institutes – new opportunities to collaborate